About the Memphis Audio VIV200.2
The folks at Memphis Audio are so proud of these amplifiers, they named the line after the year their company was born — 1965. Looking fine in its anodized brushed aluminum chassis, the SixFive Series VIV200.2 two-channel amp can send 65 watts RMS to each of a pair of full-range speakers, or 200 watts to a sub when in bridged mode. In addition, this versatile amp features onboard digital signal processing — including high-pass, low-pass, and bandpass filtering — that makes its use in actively amplified systems indispensable. You can even change the color of the amp's illuminated logo — select one of the seven available colors to match your mood, whim, or vehicle's interior.
Bandpass filtering for special applications When running two "full-range" speakers, you can set the high-pass filter to eliminate the low notes a typical car speaker can't play efficiently. When using the VIV200.2 to power a subwoofer, you can apply a bandpass filter, using the high-pass as a subsonic filter to keep muddy, extreme low bass away from the sub, while the low-pass filter can get set to keep the high notes away. Used in a large multi-amp system, this amp can power a couple of midrange drivers, using the bandpass filter to eliminate the extreme highs and lows allowing only the midrange to play.
Connectivity and controls
A bass boost lets you add some extra pop to the bottom end. Speaker-level inputs and automatic turn-on circuitry allow you to connect this amp into almost any system, including ones using the factory radio. Preamp outputs can be used to feed another amp its input signal in a multi-amp system. A top-mount magnetic cover protects the control panel from dirt and other accidents.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 65 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- Class D amp technology
- variable high-pass filter (10-500 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (50-5,000 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- both filters engage for bandpass filtering
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (require speaker wire to RCA adapters)
- hinged magnetic cover plate conceals top-mounted controls
- 7 color selectable LED logo
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 30-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 30-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and this amplifier is recommended
- dimensions: 9-3/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 8-1/4"D